The City Honors Librarian is Mrs. Melisa Holden.
The City Honors Library is here to support the students and the staff of a very unique school. The Library's mission is to ensure that students and staff become life-long users of information and ideas. The Library is a place where students can:
- conduct research for projects using the Web, databases, and print resources
- research college programs using the Web
- find great books to read
- create graphic presentations
- create pamphlets or write a book
- find interesting facts
- acquire books through the BPS Interlibrary Loan program
- become effective and ethical consumers of ideas and information
- have full-time access to a knowledgeable, certified librarian who will help them find what they need!
- Each period, only 5-7 students may come to the library from a study hall. Students must check-in at their study hall and then report to the library.
- To come to the library during lunch periods, students must first obtain a pass from Mrs. Holden. Students must first eat their lunch in the cafeteria and, when finished, present their pass to a lunch monitor and proceed to the library.
- All students must sign in upon arrival
- Food is not allowed in the library.
- Students are expected to adhere to all District Technology Rules.
- Please clean up after yourself -- chairs, garbage, magazines, newspapers, books, etc. -- need to be put in their proper places!
- Let Mrs. Holden know when you've read a good book, or if you have any suggestions for the City Honors Library!